Being a parent is both a joy and a challenge. It requires different skills:
- Caring for the physical needs of the baby (feeding, bathing, developing a sleep pattern, playing, medical services, immunizations, comforting a child who is tired or cranky).
- Developing a budget to meet the needs of your family (finding out what resources are available to help, how you can get support from the father, and what assistance you’re entitled to).
- Learning healthy child development and encouraging new skills through play and reading.
- Being an advocate for your child (who to call when there’s a problem and where to go for help).
- Making sure to take care of yourself so you can take care of your baby.
- And lots of others.